This is a great spring recipe. It is delicious, easy and something that you can whip up in about 10 minutes, minus cooking time. I made these over the Easter holidays for my guests and we really enjoyed them.
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup butter room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup raspberry jam
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Line baking pans with Silphat or parchment
3. Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy with an electric mixer. Add egg and almond extract and beat to combine.
4. Gradually add flour and salt until combined.
5. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Flour hands and roll into logs about 3/4 inch think. Place logs on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Use handle of wooded spoon or your pinkie finger to make an indent in the logs. Fill with jam.
6. Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, using sharp knife slice logs diagonally into 1 inch thick cookies. Optional: Drizzle with white or dark chocolate.
Easy and delicious! Enjoy!