This tart is delicious! It is easy to prepare and makes a tasty and quick meal when served with a little green salad on the side.
Viadalia Onion Tart
adapted from recipe on allrecipes.com
* 6 Vidalia Onions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 6 eggs lightly beaten
* 1 cup sour cream
* salt and pepper to taste
*1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 pinch of paprika
* few shakes of hot sauce
* 2 nine inch pie shells baked
*1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375degress
2. Prick pie shells with fork and bake using instruction on package.
3. In medium skillet, cook onions and butter until clear and soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper, paprika and hot sauce. Then add the onions and mix well.
5. Pour into baked pie shells.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 20 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 and bake an additional 30 to 40 or until golden brown on top. Let cool a little before serving.
This makes 2 tarts, one for now and one for later.