Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me…
Today is obviously my birthday! I am 45, and I was thinking this past week that there are many things I have learned in my 45 years of life. So I complied a list to remind myself of these lessons and perhaps to pass on a little nugget of information to you.
Lessons from a life:
1. You do not get any help unless you ask for it. Never be to proud or too stubborn to ask, it will save you a lot of time and heartache.
2. No one can make you happy but YOU! People can add to your happiness but not make it.
3. Life is sometimes awkward,and humiliating, like the time a guy I was dating called to tell me we could not go out on Saturday because he was getting married ( I am not kidding). But he said he would call me the next week (Why?) Calmness and grace will save face.
4. Just because you are a step-mother, does not mean you are a step-monster.
4. Sometimes women do not have children for a reason, either they could not, or in my case, they did not want too. And guess what? That’s OK, it dose not make me less of a woman.
5. Sometimes when life hands you lemons and you make lemonade, the lemonade still tastes bitter. Keep trying, the next batch won’t.
6. Sometimes your knight doesn’t ride in on a horse, sometimes he walks in wearing rusty armour.
7. We all have baggage, just don’t carry it around and let it weigh you down, either get someone to help you carry it, or discard it. Because it will drag you down for the rest of your life if you don’t.
8. Sometimes life sucks and it isn’t fair, and there are no answers; like when my sister found the love of her life and after 6 years together got engaged, and then her fiancee had an aneurysm and died.
9. The best things in life are free—life, love, friendship, family and happiness.
10. For some people “Honor is a way of life” are not words to live by…they are the slogan of a company.
11. Even when you break your parents hearts, they still love you.
12. Words are the most powerful thing you have, be very careful how you use them. You can utter a word/words that can change a life for the good or you can utter words that will crush someone soul.
13. Never squish any ones dreams, it may be all they have.
14. Sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something.
15. If you haven’t spoken to someone in 20 years, there is a reason.
16. Money doesn’t buy you happiness, but do not tell that to someone who doesn’t have any.
17. A smile is your best accessory.
18. Everyday can be a holiday.
19. Sing even if you think you can’t, your voice is music to someones ears.
20. Show gratitude everyday.
21. Travel as much as you can while you are young, when you are older life gets in the way.
22. You are powerful beyond measure. You never know what you are capable of until the worst happens.
23. Love yourself most. Be a priority in your own life and take care of yourself as well or better than you take care of everyone else. Because if you don’t no one is going to.
24. Miracles happen everyday. Open your eyes so that you can see them.
25. There is power in prayer. “When you cannot stand it anymore…kneel.”(via pinterst)
Are there any lessons that you have learned in life that you want to share with me? Send me a birthday lesson from your life in your comment!