Happy Monday! How was your weekend? Did you watch the Olympic Closing Ceremonies last night? I LOVED them! I am so sad that the Olympics are over; it has been nice for the last seventeen days to see so many happy stories.
Not to mention an Opening and Closing Ceremony that has done London and the entire country proud!
I thought both ceremonies were an incredible display of the culture and talent that Great Britain has given and offers to the world.
|All Images from Me!|
I still have guests for a few more days but while I watched the Olympic Closing Ceremony last night I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes that I have made this past week. Cream Cheese Pound Cake by Southern Living Magazine.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Adapted from Southern Living Magazine
- 1 1/2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 21/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey vanilla bean paste
- Powdered Sugar for dusting or fresh berries
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Or, I use two 5 inch Bundt pans
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
This cake is moist, has a great vanilla flavor and is incredibly versatile.
You could eat it plain with powdered sugar.
With a vanilla bean glaze or even sliced as a berry shortcake with a drizzle of chocolate. It think it is an excellent recipe for your repertoire.
I hope you have a fabulous week! I will be checking in and hopefully posting but I do want to enjoy my family.
Stone Gable On the Menu Monday
2805 Popurri Friday
French Country Living
Friday Food at Mom Trends
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
What’s It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity
On the Menu Monday at Stonegable
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
A Pinteresting Party at Tutus & Tea Parties
Food on Friday at Carole’s Chatter