Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you!
|Image What Katie Ate|
Today is a very special day for me because it is my moms birthday. I know there are jokes about growing up to be like your mother but to he honest, I always wanted to be like my mother because she is just like her mother. An incredibly strong, funny, happy person.
My mother is kind, compassionate, loving, intelligent, and so much more.
I wrote about my mom last year on her birthday (Here) and this year I decided to tell you a few things I learned from her over the years.
10 Things I Learned From My Mother:
1. If you are sick, get up out of bed and go to work; hard work always makes you feel better. Either you will feel better or it will prove you are really sick, in which case you can stay home the next day.
2. A little black dress is the MOST essential item in your wardrobe. You can wear it everywhere; a party, to work, a day out, a night in, and it is never out of style.
3. Family is the most important things in the world! You move mountains for your family; even jumping in the car with an hour notice and driving 17 hours to say goodbye before they go off to war, only to leave 8 hours later to drive the 17 hours home.
4. If you want to have a serious discussion with someone invite them for a ride in the car, that way you can say all you want and they cannot get out.
6. A book is a passport to the world. Read often and as much as you can (even if you have to bring the book to work and read in the bathroom…caution, this should only be done if you work for your family).
7. Never stop learning. Education is one of the keys to happiness, fulfillment, fun and growth.
8. Bad things happen, even to really good people.
9. Your health is your life and your life is in your hands! Always get a second opinion and always take someone with you to listen and hear what the doctor is saying. Sometimes when we are stressed we do not hear very well.
10. Everything happens for a reason. Have faith that it will all work out the way it is suppose to.
Bonus: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world!”
Happy Birthday Mom! I love you and I miss you! I wish I were there but we will celebrate when I see you.
I hope you enjoy your day!
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
G’Day Saturday at Natasha in Oz