Good morning! I hope that your weekend and your Mother’s Day was relaxing and filled with family. My weekend was very nice; time with my husband and pup reading and leisurely time listening to the rain.
I am getting ready for visitors in a few weeks and am looking for new recipes. One of the things I like to make is coffee cake. I want something that is delicious, easy and of course has a buttery crumb topping.
Ultimate Crumb Lovers Coffee Cake
Recipe from Big Oven
4 cups of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup of sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
2 sticks chilled unsalted butter
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
1. Preheat over to 350. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cube butter and add to flour and salt. Mix with a pastry blender until you have incorporated the butter and have medium to fine crumbs.
3. Add brown sugar and white sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
4. Take 4 cups of the flour mixture and place in a separate bowl. Add the melted butter to the separated flour mixture and mix to form crumb topping.
5. To the remaining flour mixture, add the ginger, nutmeg, cloves, then add the buttermilk and egg. Beat with an electric mixer until batter is smooth. The batter will be thick.
6. Spread batter into prepared pan and then sprinkle with crumbs.
7. Bake 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool completely on wire rack.
I know that many of you are dieting but make sure to “bookmark” this recipe for a later date, it is scrumptious and I think will become a favorite.
Have a fabulous week!