Good morning! How are you? And your weekend? Did you recuperate from the New Year’s, Eve celebrations, or put your Christmas things away and organize yourself for the first week of 2016?
I did none of the above, I guess that will be my project for this week. I spent the last five days traveling to visit family in the freezing Midwest. Now that I am home I can reflect on the life lessons I learned in 2015 and get myself ready to tackle 2016, even if I am a few days late.
1. Getting what you want is not always what you need.
2. Time heals everything, a broken bone, a broken heart, and a broken spirit.
3. Know that no matter how smart you are, or how much you love someone, you cannot change them, their minds, or their actions.
4. Friends and family are the most important things in your life, they will be with you through thick and thin, the good times and the bad, when you are at your worst and at your best and every time in between.
5. Life is short, it can be over in the blink of an eye, so live it, see it, enjoy it.
6. Never, ever stop learning something new.
7. Stop clinging to the past, it is dragging you down.
8. There is no one that loves you like you should love yourself. Find the key to your own happiness.
9. Own your faith.
10. Know that the best is yet to come.
11. Celebrate everyday.
12. Sometimes it is OK to throw in the towel.
13. Forgiveness is for you. Forgive so that you can move on and live life.
14. Time is precious, don’t waste it. Make every minute matter.
15. Be grateful.
Did you learn any lessons this past year? Do you have any wisdom to share for the new year? I personally love to read and hear people’s life lessons and stories, so if you would like to share we would love to hear it.
Have a great day, the first Monday of 2016!