This year I am curious, what lessons or advice would you give to your younger self if you could? Here are 30 things I would tell my younger self that I learned, need to be reminded of or that someone had tried to tell me.
1. Family, where life begins and love never ends.
2. Love yourself, first, last and always.
3. Be a saver, not a spender.
4. Collect memories and adventures, not things.
5. Your body is your most priceless possession – take care of it.
~ Jack Lalane
6. Everything is a choice.
7. Forgive them, even if they are not sorry.
8. If there is a small voice saying maybe this is not going to work…listen.
9. A little progress each day adds up to big results.
10. Be who you are not who the world wants you to be.
11. Don’t ever be afraid to start over.
12, Life is full of give and take. Give thanks, give a lot and never take anything for granted…not people, time, friends, love, work, etc.
13. It’s just a bad day, not a bad life.
14. Nothing worth having comes easy.
15, Beautiful girl, take care of yourself. No one else knows what you need better than you.
16. If you don’t love yourself, you will always be chasing after people who don’t love you either. ~Mandy Hale
17. Give it to God and go to sleep.
18. Before you assume, learn the facts. Before you judge, understand why. Before you hurt someone, feel. Before you speak, think.
19. Nothing is worth it, if you are not happy.
20. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
21. Be truthful, gentle and fearless. ~ghandi
22. Do what is right, not what is easy.
23. H.O.P. E.: Hold on pain ends.
24. There is no reset button in life. You cannot take anything back and you cannot undo anything. All of your actions have consequences and the things that you say and do to yourself and others will have a lasting impact on the rest of your life. You have to understand that, and you have to be aware of it when making your decisions.
25. Be careful who you trust and share your problems with. Not everyone who smiles at you is your friend.
26. Sometimes you don’t need explanations. It is what it is.
27. Pay attention to the things that you are naturally drawn to. They are often connected to your path, passion, and purpose in life. Have the courage to follow them. ~ Ruben Chavez
28. Everyday is a new day, a new beginning; you can start over, be better, have another chance.
30. Don’t be old before your time.
I am sure there are other things I wish I had known but I don’t want to keep you here all day. I would love to hear your advice to your younger self, or perhaps even your advice to the young ones you have at home.
Thank you for reading and sharing! Have a great day!