Good morning! Happy hump day to you. I hope that you are having a great week, mine is busy and seems to be going by in a blur.
As it is already the 3rd week of July and on a daily basis I see people pinning Fall recipes, decorations and inspiration, I thought I would revisit my Summer 2017 Bucket List and see if I am making any progress.
I am actually doing pretty good and I can cross off all but 3 items.
1. I played with sparklers, poppers, snaps and more, not with my nieces and nephew but with my grand kids who were visiting from Argentina.
NOTE: For those that asked. I do not have children of my own. I am a step-mom to my husbands son and daughter and a grandmother to two adorable little boys, aged 3 and 5. They live in Argentina with their mother and my step-son.
2. I watched the fireworks with my husband on the 4th of July.
3. I have gone on a road trip with my husband and pups and we ate a lot of BBQ, peanuts and scrumptious treats from Buttermilk Bake Shop. If you are on Instagram you can follow me and all of my foodie adventures.
4. June was very rainy here so I had the opportunity to spend not just one but two afternoons watching a few of my favorite movies.
5. I have so many fond memories of catching fireflies as a child. For many years I have not seen any in the summer but last year they reappeared and so I sit on my porch each evening and watch their magical lights zip around my yard. While I was in the mid-west with the grand kids we would watch them each evening, actually I watched them and the grands ran around the years trying to catch them.
6. Be a tourist in my own town. I actually have not done this yet but I will be soon.
7.Visit a national park.Not yet, but soon.
8. Go on a picnic. I was lucky enough to go on a picnic and a camp out with my grand kids, of course we were roasting make believe weenies and marshmallows but it was still fun. Even better, my grandkids love donuts and sweets so each morning we would munch on our donuts while watching the squirrels and rabbits frolic in the the yard. I can tell you that a donut tastes so much better when you are eating across from someone enjoying it so much it is all over their face.
9. Do something I would never do. I have not done this and I am actually having a hard time thinking of something, perhaps this summer I will try surfing or yoga on my board?
10. Unplug from Social Media for the weekend. I actually was pretty successful at this while celebrating my mother in laws 90th birthday. I was able to relax and enjoy not only my own mom, but the grand kids, my mother in law and all of the people that came to celebrate.
What about you? How is your summer shaping up so far? Have you been able to get to the beach, maybe go on a holiday, read that pile of books you have had for months? Are you finding time to relax and rest? I sure hope so because summer is short and Fall and Winter are not too far away.
Have a great day!