Good morning! How was your weekend? After my LONG week last week I thought I would take it easy and relax, instead I was energized to tackle a few projects around the house. I managed to clean several rooms in the house and donate 8 garbage bags to the thrift store. I still have a way to go in my purge but I am making headway.
This past Saturday was “Random Acts of Kindness” Day and although I think the idea is great I don’t think you have to limit it to one day a year. I think we should practice kindness everyday, especially on the days we feel the least kind.
Here are 20 Random Acts of Kindness that I practice.
1. Pay a stranger a compliment. Make a point of doing it every time you go out you will not believe the smile you receive in return.
2. Bring treats to your office to share with your co-workers.
3. Write a letter of appreciation to someone who has positively influenced you.
4. Leave your favorite book somewhere with a note for someone to enjoy it.
5. Let someone go in front of you the next time you are in line at the store.
6. Write letter to soldiers.
7. Make dinner for a friend.
8. Shovel your neighbors walkway.
9. Send a care package to someone.
10. Bake treats and give them to friends, neighbors or people at your yoga class.
11. Bring someone a hot cup of coffee/cocoa.
12. Spread some encouragement online.
13. Send card or a handwritten note to a friend.
14. Take the time to really listen to someone.
15. Take care of the chores that you know your significant other hates.
16. Text a friend of family member just to let them know you are thinking about them.
17. Take your magazines to the gym for others to read.
18. Give a bouquet of flowers to someone.
19. Leave a gift card or a treat for your mail person, Fed-ex, UPS or other delivery person.
20. Be kind to yourself.
I am sure that you have your own ideas and ways that you spread kindness and I would love to hear about them so please share.
Have a great day!