Good morning! Are you ready for the weekend? Are you one of the lucky ones who have a 4 day weekend ahead? I will be working a bit today but I think I am going to try to get to the beach for a little sun before the crowds come.
|Simple Easy Decoration from Liz Marie|
Sunday we are having a barbeque, sadly I think it will be raining but that it not going to diminish my spirits because we will be celebrating with great friends and eating some delicious food.
|Image Ina Garten|
As I mentioned the other day, I love the side dishes and the desserts at a party, one of my favorite bbq foods is Ina Garten’s Classic Potato Salad.
|Brown Sugar and Bacon Beans from The Chunky Cheff|
Another favorite side is baked beans, especially if they are Brown Sugar and Bacon Beans.
|Add captionLive Laugh Rowe|
I will be eating my beans and slaw with bbq pulled pork but I think these BBQ Carnitas from Live Laugh Rowe look like a great sandwich as well.
If you need a sweet treat or two you can find 15 Sweet Treats and Desserts here, including cupcakes, brownies, and cookies.
* Why you have to speak your Truth to be Happy.
* 20 Things to Do While Listening to Your Audio Book That Aren’t Chores
* 5 Tips for Chasing Your Most Unrealistic Dreams
* I discovered a great new blog, The Brick Kitchen, that I think you might enjoy.
* What Happens to All of the Plastic We Throw Out?, this will make you weep.
* 14 Secrets of Costco Employees
* I cannot wait to see the movie The Book Club!
* Just in case you did not get enough of the Royal Wedding:
*Every Royal Bride Has a Sprig of this Flower in Her Bouquet
* and last but not least, A Vegan Version of the Lemon and Elderflower Royal Wedding Cake!
I hope that you share your finds from this week, recipes, books, movies and more, I would love to hear about them.
Have a wonderful and safe weekend.
William Kendall says
Have a good Memorial Day.
Wow…the flags on this table make the decor. I would have passed right buy this dining room on a Sunday Stroll otherwise. Thanks for sharing!