Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Today is my 52 birthday and as I have done the last few years I thought I would share a few things that I have learned this year.
2. Live in the present. Life is short and you can miss it all if you keep wishing for the future.
3. Age is just a number, you are as young or as old as you feel, (I have been 29 for years).
4. The little things matter most in life, pay attention to the tiny moments and savor them.
6. Aging is a privilege, if you don’t believe it watch the evening news and you will see countless stories of people who have been struck down too young, at a concert, in the movie theater, on a plane, trying to escape a fire, etc.
7. You have one life be whomever you want to be, it is never to late to reinvent yourself.
8. Never stop learning, it keeps your mind sharp and young. There is so much to learn and to explore and it is easier than ever with the Internet. You can learn a language, a skill, an instrument, an exercise or whatever you feel like and you don’t even have to leave the house.
9. You aren’t always right, even though you think you are. Be open minded there is always another answer or perspective.
11. Kindness and gratitude matter. Practice both everyday.
12. Stuff doesn’t matter, in fact the less you have the better you feel. De-clutter your life, de-clutter your mind.
13. Family and friends are EVERYTHING.
14. Change is good, embrace the adventure.
Have a great day.