Good morning! I hate to wish away the days but I cannot wait for Friday! I love long weekends, especially if they involve a BBQ with lots of desserts. I have rounded up 10 of easy and delicious desserts that you might want to make for the weekend.
1. White Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting. These cupcakes are so easy that I make them for both Memorial Day and 4th of July. These cupcakes and the cake below start with a white cake mix! That said, if you don’t have the add ins just make the cake and cupcakes from the mix, frost and decorate with patriotic sprinkles and colored sugar. Let the kids do this part they will love it.
2. White Cake Piled High with Frosting and Fresh Berries. Again, this cake starts with a mix, pile on the frosting or whipped cream, add some fresh berries and you have a quick, easy, delicious dessert.
3. Roasted Vanilla Bean Cherries over No-Bake Cheesecake. Summer to me is all about cherries. I can eat pounds and pounds of them but I also love to bake with them. This recipe could not be easier, you simpley roast the cherries with vanilla bean paste and pour them over your favorite no-bake cheesecake. I think they would be delicious over ice cream and pound cake as well.
4. Cherry Slab Pie. This pie can be made with homemade pie crust or you can buy pie crust and roll it out, add canned cherry pie filling, bake and frost. It could not be any easier. I personally love to make the homemade crust because it reminds me of my grandmother. You can add blueberry filling, or apple filling which is how I make it in the Fall. Although in the Fall I use fresh apples and lots of cinnamon.
5. Almond Cheesecake Bars. I have made these several times and they are fabulous and every time I take them to a party they are one of the first things to disappear.
|Image from Hungry Happens|
6. Cream Cheese Brownie Muffins from Hungry Happens. Oh my goodness, these look so great. I am definitely making these this weekend.
8. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. These are the easiest cookies ever and are a perennial favorite of kids and adults. They travel well and this one recipe makes about 36 cookies.
9. You can never go wrong with Classic Brownies with Nuts. Make homemade or make them from a box your guests will love them no matter what recipe you use.
|Image Brown Eyed Baker|
10. Easy Strawberry Shortcake. You can make all of the components a few days before and assemble the day of your party!
What is your favorite BBQ dessert to make or to eat? Share your recipes and links in the comments.
Have a great day!