This post contains affiliate links.
Good morning! Sunday is Mother’s Day, just in case you forgot, and this year more than ever we need to celebrate our mom’s. Some of our mom’s are in the high risk age range, some are homeschooling in addition to working, others are on the front lines and lots of moms are caring for us no matter our age by calling, sending emails and reaching out with recipes and advice.
Here are 15 ways to celebrate mom.
1. Cook for mom, instead of just one meal why not cook all weekend?
2. Bake a big batch of mom’s favorite sweet treats to enjoy with her morning coffee or tea.
3. Make mom a box of truffles! They are easy and delicious.
4. Give mom a much needed day off, no cleaning, no cooking, no picking up.
5. Get mom a gift certificate for her favorite spa so that once they are open she can have her nails done, or have a massage. Or make a certificate and give your mom a manicure, pedicure and even do her makeup.
6. Order mom some of her favorite flowers or go outside and pick whatever you think would make a beautiful bouquet.
7. Plant an herb garden and you can both watch it grow.
8. Take an online class together while sheltering in place. There are lots of cooking, baking, art classes available. My pups gave me a Master Class subscription, if you order one it is buy one get one free!
9. If your mom is with you have a movie day, if she is not with you watch the same movie on your computers, or if you have Netflix, there is a way to watch together. Or do a puzzle together or a craft.
10. If your beach is open take mom for a walk, make sure to social distance. If you don’t live by the beach go for a walk in your neighborhood, or take a bike ride. Maybe go on a picnic.
|Cow Hide Napkin Rings Etsy|
|Lily of the Valley necklace|
15. Make mom a card, just like you did as a kid. Draw, paint, and write some of your favorite memories and things about her.
There are so many ways to celebrate mom, and she deserves it. If your mom his not here anymore, why not celebrate her by taking time to write down or tell someone your favorite things about her, or make one of her favorite recipes, call your siblings and share stories.
Have a great day! Stay safe friends.