Good morning friends, a happy Tuesday to you! I hope that you had a restful and enjoyable weekend. Mine was busy from sun up until sun down, we were doing yard work(as fast as I pull the weeds they pop back up the next day) and packing up some things in the house. For those of you that have been reading the blog for awhile this is going to seem like ground hog day, believe me if feels the same way, and for those of you that are new here to put it simply, we have been trying to move since 2018 and it hasn’t worked out and now we are trying again. Third time is a charm.
Here is a recap:
In late 2018, we found a house we liked but did not want to purchase it before we sold our current home, as they are in two different sates, so we put our house up for sale and placed a bid on the house we liked. After negotiating back and forth with the people that wanted to buy our house they backed out at the last minute, then the owners of the house we were buying backed out of the deal because they decided to stay in the house for 2 more years until they retire.
In late 2019, I was looking at houses as I periodically do and the house I wanted came up for sale again, apparently the people decided to build a house and to sell their current house. We lost the house to someone else. Because we had our house up for sale we continued to look to see if there was something else we liked.
Early 2020, Covid-19 lockdown, we decided to take two road trips to look at houses, frankly we felt a lot of pressure because a young couple wanted our house and every day they were calling our realtor to give her messages to give to us. On the first trip the house way way too small so back home we went. A week later we took another road trip and made an offer on a house that had been for sale for over a year, it was bigger than our current house, had a pond and a stream, and needed a lot of work. On our way home after making the offer I knew we made a mistake, I just felt like the house was too big and too much work, my husband woke up the next day and said the same. Before we could call our realtor to say that we changed our mind she informed us that there was another offer and all of a sudden we lost our minds and got into a bidding war! Thankfully we came to our senses and when our final offer was due we backed out and let the house go.
Over the last year of lock down I cannot tell you how grateful we have been that we did not get that house, and how grateful we have been to be in our current house but we also have come to the realization that we want to downsize and we want to be closer to family. We are putting our house up for sale and we are putting the rest of our plans in God’s hands. We might rent a house until we find something that we want or we might build who knows. I will not lie, this is a very hard thing for me because I am a planner, (I could never be an explorer setting out for the unknown), not only am I a planner I am an over thinker and I will mull over ever detail and lay awake thinking about all of the details, etc.
In the meantime, I am cleaning closets, and bookcases, and trying to cull the house of all sorts of things that I do not want to take to our next adventure. I will keep you posted.
I have a busy week, lots of appointments for the pets and myself, several Zoom meetings and life. What about you? What are your plans for the week? Are you slowly emerging from your Covid cocoon or are things in your area keeping you at home? Whatever the case I hope that you stay safe and have a wonderful week.