This chocolate Oreo bark recipe is the perfect homemade Valentine’s Day gift for your friends, family, neighbors, or Galentine. Made with Oreo cookies, white chocolate. M & M’s and a few sprinkles, this no bake recipe is not only easy it is delicious!
Good morning friends, happy February! Can you believe that tomorrow is Ground Hog day? I am just guessing that if you were in the path of the storm this past weekend you are hoping Punxsutawney Pete does not see his shadow.
I will be honest, I love winter so if we have six more weeks of it I am ok with that. Sorry friends who are not fans and are counting the days until Spring, I can’t help it. My sister sent me this picture on Saturday because she knows just how much I love it.
This past weekend I made a few treats for my Valentine’s Day boxes and chocolate Oreo bark was one of them. This chocolate bark is so easy and so good, I am actually surprised there was anything left to put into the boxes.
What is Chocolate Bark?
Just in case you do not know what chocolate bark candy is, I will tell you. It is one of the easiest homemade candies that you can make, it is simply melted chocolate topped with nuts, dried fruits, cookies, pretzels, a combination of things or just one. It all depends upon your taste and creativity.
What is chocolate bark made of?
- chocolate, dark, white or milk, make sure that it is tempered
- candy coating, and melting wafers could also be used
- toppings, ex. nuts, candy, dried fruits, pretzels, marshmallows, potato chips and whatever else you like, the possibilities are endless.
How to Make Valentines Day Oreo Bark
12 Oreo Cookies
24 oz. almond bark or white chocolate or white melting wafers
1/4 cup dark chocolate
1/3 cup Wilton Red Candy Melts
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/3-1/2 cup of Valentine’s M & M plain candies
1-2 teaspoons of Valentines Sprinkles
2. Melt the almond bark or white chocolate according the the directions on your package. Once melted stir well and pour gently over the Oreo cookies, spread with an off set spatula. Try not to spread the white chocolate too far off of the cookies.
4. Once the red melting wafers are melted randomly drizzle over the top of the white chocolate.
5. Melt the dark chocolate, 30 seconds at 1/2 power in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then add 15 seconds and stir again Make sure not to overcook the chocolate. If you are using Ghirardelli melting wafers be sure to follow the directions on the package. Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the white and red chocolate randomly.
7. Cool for 1 hour in the refrigerator, then cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
Store in a cookie tin or air tight container. Or place into decorative cellophane bags and boxes and give to family and friends.
NOTE: White chocolate and bark can burn do not over cook. Michael’s and Hobby Lobby carry the melting wafers, you can use your coupon. Almond bark, which does not taste like almond, can be found at your local grocery store and it very easy to work with.
Have you ever made chocolate bark? What are your favorite toppings? Do you prefer milk chocolate bark, dark chocolate or white chocolate bark?
If you liked this easy chocolate Valentine’s Day Bark you might like this recipe for VALENTINE’S POPCORN ( CHOCOLATE COVERED WITH SPRINKLES).
Have a great day friends. Thank you for stopping by,
Don’t forget you can also find Pinecones and Acorns on most social media sites, Facebook Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. Or you can subscribe to the blog and get the posts in your mailbox.
This post contains affiliate links.