A quick and easy, one bowl blueberry muffin recipe. Bursting with fresh blueberries and a sweet sugar topping these are the best blueberry muffins ever.
Some mornings call for avocado toast others a sweet treat, like blueberry muffins. This quick and easy muffin recipe reminds me of Saturday mornings as a child. My mom would whip up a batch of homemade blueberry muffins almost every summer weekend using the berries we picked. Back then I liked my muffin without the berries and with extra sugar.
This recipe is so easy that you can make a batch for breakfast, snacks, or weekend brunch. They are also perfect for a little break in your day with a cup of tea or coffee.
How to make the Best Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat your oven, this ensures the muffin is cooked perfectly
- Line your baking tin with paper liners, use a baking spray or butter/oil and flour the baking pan
- Measure your dry ingredients correctly. Make sure to spoon the flour into the measuring cup and then level it with a knife so that you do not add too much flour to the recipe
- Clean your blueberries. I prefer to use fresh berries. You can use frozen berries. If you do not want the batter to change colors simply rinse the berries in cold water for a few minutes, then pat them dry. Be careful not to smush them. When you add the frozen berries to the batter be very gentle.
- Sprinkle the muffins liberally with the sugar, it makes the top sweet and crunchy
- Do not over bake.
- Let the muffins cool for a bit after you remove them from the oven so that you do not burn yourself
Ingredients for Muffins
21/3 cups of flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground coriander
1/8 tsp. grated nutmeg
11/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1/2 cup, milk
2 large eggs, cold
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups fresh, frozen blueberries
1/3 cup sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin pan with liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, coriander and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix at low speed for about 2 minutes. Then add milk, eggs, and vanilla, mix until just combines to form a thick batter.
Drop a tablespoon full of batter into each muffin cup, then add the blueberries to the rest of the batter and fold. Be careful as you fold in the blueberries not to mash them up. The batter will be very thick. Divide the batter between the baking cups and then sprinkle each muffin with sugar. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
Remove from oven, let the muffins cool a bit on a wire rack and then enjoy.
Warm with butter and a drizzle of honey(my favorite)
Slathered with cream cheese
Cut in half and filled with vanilla ice cream
Leftovers: use for “French toast” or to make bread pudding.
If you want something a little more healthy for breakfast you might enjoy a Roasted Blueberry Vanilla Yogurt parfait.
Do you like blueberries?
Do you have a favorite blueberry muffin recipe? If so please share it with us.
Have a great day friends! Thank you for stopping by and spending a part of your day with me.
This post contains affiliate links, if you purchase something from a link on the blog I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.