This easy Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread recipe is moist, chocolatey and perfect with a cup of tea or as dessert.
The Best Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Is your garden overrun with zucchini? Are you looking for a new recipe to add them to? Put it to good use in the best double chocolate zucchini bread you have ever tasted. This bread is moist, fudgy, delicious and easy to make.
I think this Chocolate Zucchini Bread is going to be your new favorite summer dessert. It is mine. Tomorrow I am headed to the farmers market to stock up so that I can fill my freezer with a few loaves. In fact I might add a loaf or two to my holiday gift baskets this year along with my cranberry walnut bread.
Ingredients for Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Here is a list of ingredients that you will need to make double chocolate zucchini bread.
- finally grated zucchini
- vegetable oil
- granulated sugar
- sour cream/yogurt
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- Dutch processed cocoa powder
- espresso powder
- baking powder
- 60% dark chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Like most quick bread recipes this zucchini bread comes together fast.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Which together the eggs, oil, sugar, yogurt/sour cream and vanilla until just combined.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt, stir to combine.
- Shred the zucchini and squeeze out the excess moisture. Discard the liquid.
- Add the zucchini and chocolate chips to the batter. Stir one last time until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan, top with chocolate chips.
- Bake and enjoy.
Tips for The Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Read the recipe the whole way through.
- Gather all of your ingredients before you begin.
- Do not peel the zucchini, it melts into the bread so it is unnecessary.
- Use a fine grater to grate the zucchini.
- Be sure to squeeze the moisture from the zucchini
- Sift the dry ingredients so there are no lumps.
- Don’t over mix the batter and do not over bake the bread.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Bread?
Yes, this bread can be frozen for up to 3 months. Be sure to completely cool the bread, then wrap it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. When you remove the bread from the freezer thaw the bread overnight in the fridge before cutting and serving.
11/2 cups finally shredded zucchini(1 medium zucchini)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips divided
Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
Finely shred the zucchini and set aside.
Squeeze the shredded zucchini lightly to remove some of the liquid. Discard the liquid and add the zucchini and 3/4 cup of chocolate chips to the batter. Stir just to combine.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool to room temperature on a baking rack.
This recipe was adapted from Also the Crumbs Please. I added cinnamon, espresso powder and yogurt/sour cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate zucchini bread, double chocolate zucchini bread, how to make chocolate zucchini loaf, zucchini bread
Pin For Later
That’s It For Now
I hope that you enjoyed my double chocolate chip zucchini bread! If you try it let me know how you liked it!
Have a great day friends.
Subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss a thing.
This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.