This post contains affiliate links
The hot days are starting to cool, the long days are getting shorter and summer will soon turn to Fall. For those who LOVE summer and are not looking forward to cooler temperatures and dark days and nights inside I have 9 ways to savor the waining days of summer.
1. Have a picnic, surprise your family or significant other with an impromptu lunch or dinner complete with a plaid blanket, picnic basket, sandwiches and a bottle of wine. Don’t forget to add brownies or your favorite sweet treat!
2. Go camping, if you don’t want to travel pitch your tent in the back yard and if you don’t even want to make that much effort or your don’t have a tent make a cozy bed on your deck or porch and have a family sleepover under the stars.
3. Sit outside and listen to the sounds of the night, the cicadas, crickets, frogs, the howling of the coyote, the rusting of the trees.
4. Spend the day at the beach, frolic in the waves, pack your favorite book and while away the hours without a care in the world. Build a sand castle, make a mermaid tail, act like a kid and let go of the cares of the day.
5. Sit outside by your fire-pit, campfire, fireplace or fire bowl and roast weenies, make s’mores.
6. Get outside, ride your bike, play outdoor games, croquet, frisbee, corn hole, lawn bowling. Have a friendly tournament with the kids, or grandkids.
7. Google “day trips” that are driving distance from your house and explore a town, village or area near home that you have never been to.
8. Visit the botanical garden in your area, or wildlife preservation area.
9. Get up early and watch the sunrise, enjoy the peace and quite, marvel the the beauty of a new day.
Although summer was nothing like many of us planned for or had hoped, there is still time to enjoy it. Remember, it is the little things in life that bring the most joy; savor the beautiful summer days reading on your porch, the glass of wine with your husband after a long day, the smell of fresh from the clothes line sheets, a rainbow after the storm, a walk on the beach.
Have a wonderful day my friends.