This post contains affiliate links.
Good morning friends. I am having a tough week, I mentioned Monday that my friends husband died, last night we received a call that my husbands best friend died of a massive heart attack. I am still in a state of shock as is my husband. Friends, life is short, hug your family, friends, pick up the phone, send an email or a text and let them know how much you love them, don’t wait, do it today, do it now.
I had this post ready for today and I am just going to publish it because I need to feel a sense of normalcy.
I’ve been thinking a lot about aging and wellness lately because let’s face it, I am not getting any younger, I will be 55 this year and with the state of the world life seems very fragile(even more so the last few days).
As I have been revamping the blog I thought I might add a few “series” and wellness is one of them, not every week but every other Wednesday. I am thinking the alternate Wednesday could be a wanderlust post to places I have been and to places in the world that I dream of going to once the world opens back up. I will keep you posted on that.
I love baths and take one almost every night, I find it the perfect way to wind down the day and decompress, not to mention I just like to soak in the tub and get warm on a cold day. I light a bunch of candles, my favorites are this one and this one, then I add either a handful of bath salts or a cap or two of bubble bath depending upon my mood, I get a nice fluffy towel turn on a little music and I am ready to restore my body and mind.
7 Benifits of Taking a Bath
Bathing cleanses your hair, eyes and body and it moisturizes it too. Instead of just hydrating by drinking water your body can hydrate by soaking and bathing you can also soften your skin by adding oils to the water as well.
- Taking a hot bath can kill bacteria and improve your immunity. It can relieve the symptoms of colds, flu and headaches and help you breath better.
- Warm baths improve your physical and mental health, and are the ultimate in self care. Taking a bath gives you time to yourself, time to relax, meditate and to rest your mind and body. Warm baths can also improve depression.
- A warm bath can sooth aching and tired muscles. Add some ebsom salts to relax the muscles and heal the pain.
- A warm soak in the tub can improve your sleep. They say that sleeping in a cold room helps you sleep better by lowering your core temperature. They same is true for taking a bath, you raise your temperature by soaking in the bath tub, then lower it rapidly by stepping out of the tub and cooling down, this instigates the production of melatonin and hopefully a better sleep.
- Soaking in a hot tub and sweating can burn as many calories as taking a walk.That said, don’t skip the walk or other exercise.
Taking a bath could decrease inflammation in your body and could also improve circulation to name just a few more benefits.
Last but not least, it is a place of peace and quiet, a place to cry, drown your sorrows and to think, which is what I have been doing a lot of over this last year.
I hope that you have a wonderful day friends. I will be back Friday with all of my favorite finds from the week. Have a great day.
If you want to make your own bath salts you can find the recipe here.