Before you make resolutions for the coming year, take a moment to reflect back on the last year and ask yourself a few questions. Here are 25 reflection questions to ask yourself.
New Years Eve Reflection Questions to Ask Yourself
The end of the year is upon us and traditionally this is the time that people think about changes in their lives, lifestyle, health, job, etc. Loosing what seems like two years to Covid changed my life and priorities have shifted; things, possessions, and goals that in the past seemed important to me are not any longer. Add in aging and accumulated wisdom and lessons that come with it and I see the world in a new way over the last few years.
Resolutions are something that I made when I was younger and like most everyone else after a few weeks gave up on.
Instead as I reflect back on 2023 I have been asking myself a few questions:
What do I want in 2024? Where do I want to go this year? Physically and mentally. Who do I want to be? Is there a change in my life, or lifestyle that I want to make? What is important to me? Is there something in my life that no longer serves me?
25 Reflection Questions to Help Guide You in the New Year
There are an infinite number of questions that you could ask yourself about your health, relationships, work, school, finances, goals, etc.
These are the 25 questions that I wrote in my journal to reflect on this week and to use a a guide as I write my goals for the year. Your questions may or may not be similar to mine and that is what makes us unique, if nothing else these questions could be used as a starting point for you.
My 25 Reflection Questions
1. What brings you the most joy and how are you going to do more of that?
2. What would you try if you knew that you could not fail?
3. What would you like your triumph to be by the end of this year?
4. What class or skill would you like to take or learn this year?
5. How would you like your life to change this year?
6. What does success look like for you in the upcoming year and how do you need to redefine your definition of success?
7. What creative projects do you want to work on this year?
8. What is your single biggest challenge in making this year “off the charts” in your eyes? What are you committed to doing to overcome this challenge?
9. What preventative health measures would you like to incorporate into your daily life?
10. What types of food would you like to incorporate more of in your life this year?
11. How would you like to spend your free time?
12. Who are the people in your life that you would like to spend more time with?
13. What’s most valuable in your life right now?
14. Is there anything about yourself that you would like to change this year?
15. What gift would you like to give yourself this year?
16. What are you going to do outside of your comfort zone this year?
17. What do you want to let go of that doesn’t serve you?
18. What are you most excited about for the upcoming year?
19.What do you promise yourself that you will absolutely do this year?
20. What is the best thing that happened in the last year?
21. What was your biggest personal change of the last year?
22. In what ways did you grow? Spiritually? Emotionally? Physically?
23. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
24. What was the most challenging part of your work? And the most enjoyable?
25. What would you have done differently in 2023?
What are Reflection Questions?
Reflection questions are questions that allow you to self-reflect on your life. They help you to examine your thoughts, feelings and attitude about life, relationships, your job, goals and the past, present and the future.
How to Use the Reflection Questions
- Be honest.
- Take your time.
- Practice self-compassion.
- Set realistic goals.
- Write down your answers, this may help clarify your thoughts, and organize your goals.
- Seek outside help and guidance.
Why Ask Yourself Reflection Questions?
1.It is important to pause and reflect on the past year before moving on. Taking the time to do this helps us to see what is working in our lives and what isn’t.
2.We can see what we learned and clarify what we want to learn in the feature.
3. They allow us to see the places in our lives where we want to grow spiritually, mentally, and physically.
4.Maybe this was annus horribilis ~”horrible year” or an annus mirabilis, “wonderful year”, what would you change? How can you make it better?
5. Perhaps there are people, places and things that we want to forget and leave in the past, these questions help to do that.
6. They help us set goals and find the tools to achieve them.
These are just a few of the things that a reflection question allows you to look at in your own life and how and what you would like to change.
You can answer all of the 25 questions, or pick and choose a few to answer. If you don’t like these questions, make your own list.
Pin Me for Later
UNTIL NEXT TIME
I hope that you enjoyed my 25 reflection questions for the new year? Do you think that you will take a minute and answer the questions? Let me know it you do!
Thank you for spending part of your day with me.
Don’t forget you can subscribe to the blog and you will get the latest recipes and posts to your inbox!
This post contains affiliate links, if you purchase something from a link I will earn a small commission. I am also an Amazon Associate and earn a small commission from links on this blog.