Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me.
Today I am 54, it feels strange writing that because I always feel as if I am 28. This year has certainly been a crazy one, it has been the longest, fastest and slowest year, all at the same time. Every year I like to sit and reflect on the lessons I’ve learned and this one is no different, today I am sharing 54 Quotes and Lessons I Learned this year.
2.”You are always responsible for how you act, no matter how you feel. Remember that.”
3. It’s not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.” ~Charles Spurgeon
4. “Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it.” ~Confucius
5. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” ~Karl Barth
6. “Do things that make you feel good, mind, body and soul.” ~Robyn Conley Downs
7. It’s okay to put you first.”
8. “Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.” ~Pema Chodron
9. Remember that being happy doesn’t mean you have it all. It simply means that you are thankful for all that you have.
11. You’re a work of art. Not everyone will understand you, but the ones who do will never forget about you.
12. “A gentle word, a kind look, a good natured smile can work wonders and accomplish miracles.” ~William Hazlitt
13. “What we think, we become.” ~Buddha
14. “The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.” ~Antoine de Saint Exupery
15. “A sense of humor…is needed armor. Joy in one’s heart, and some laughter on one’s lips is a sign that the person has a pretty good grasp of life.” ~Hugh Sidey
16. “Little things console us because little things afflict us.” ~ Blaise Pascal
17. “YOU, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” ~Buddha
18. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.”
19. “Life and time are the two best teachers. Life teaches us to make good use of time, and time teaches us the value of life.” ~Jay Shetty
21.”Life’s greatest lessons are usually learned at the worst times and from the worst mistakes.”
22. Remember: the time that you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life’s cruelest irony.” ~Douglas Coupland
23. “If you are lucky enough to get old, you should celebrate.” ~Iris Apfel
24. I am so very thankful, incredibly grateful and unbelievably blessed!
25. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself, first.
26. Don’t put other peoples rocks in your backpack, they will weigh you down and you will not be able to carry your own.
27. This life is mine alone. So I have stopped asking people for directions to places they’ve never been to.
28. Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.
29. Life isn’t solid, it’s fluid.
31. “Evolving Involves Eliminating.”
32. “The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments.” ~Gustave Flaubert
33. “Even miracles take a little time.” ~ Your Fairy Godmother
34. “A negative mind will NEVER get you a positive life.”
35. There’s no need to be perfect to inspire others. Let others be inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
36. “Your mind will answer most of your questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” ~William S. Burroughs
37. Your thoughts affect your mood.
38. Be true to yourself.
39. Walk your own path, at your own pace.
41. Good things don’t come easy.
42. You have one body, one mind and one life, take care of it.
43. Sometimes you have to just let go.
44. Silence isn’t empty, it’s full of answers.
45. It’s okay to be angry.
46. A beautiful face will age, a perfect body will change, but a beautiful soul will always be a beautiful soul.
47. Love is when you sit beside someone doing nothing yet are perfectly happy.
49. The hardest walk is walking alone, but it also makes you the strongest.
51. You can’t be strong all of the time, sometimes you just have to let the tears out.
52. There is wonder in EVERYTHING.
53. Life is like a book. Some chapters are happy, some are sad, some are exciting, but if you never turn the page you will never know what life has in store for you.
54. Family and friends are what the heart needs all of the time.
Have a wonderful day!